The definition of Aerobics according to the Wikipedia dictionary is a form of exercise that organizes rhythmic exercise with stretching and strength training routines with the goal of improving all elements of fitness.
Aerobics means "using oxygen". With aerobic exercise, you are breathing and the oxygen passes through your body. Exercises such as bench pressing or sprinting uses the body's storage of oxygen.
Aerobics is usually done to music with an instructor. Most aerobic classes are divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced classes according to your fitness level.
The benefits of aerobics are numerous. Through research, aerobics is shown to be one of the healthiest forms of exercise. The benefits of aerobic exercise are:
- Aerobics encouragements cardiovascular fitness.Aerobics are wonderful for building leaner bodies and a stronger heart.
- Aerobics improvements sleep patterns.
- Aerobics lowers cholestorol.Aerobics burns calories and if done on a regular basis, it can increase the basal metabolic rate and this helps with weight loss.Aerobics gains flexibility in both joints and the muscle.
- Aerobics normalizes the hormone levels that cause premenstrual syndromes and menopausal systems.
- Aerobics give the heart a workout to help prevent the build up of fatty deposits in the treaties
- Weight bearing aerobics can help prevent osteoporosis. Not only does it give you more strength, it also slows down the loss of calcium in your bones.
A good way to start an aerobic program is by walking. Start slowly and build up momentum will not put undo stress on the heart. As you become more fit, your heart will not have to work as hard to supply the necessary oxygen to continue exercising.
Source by Patricia Conerly