As you get started with your workout program, you will at some point want to include a form of cardiovascular training in your routine. As such, it is essential to know which workout will help you move forward and which ones are not the best regarding maximizing your calorie burn.
The good news is you do not need to be spending time on a gym cardio machine to get in a great workout. You can torch calories and get in great shape all in the comfort of your own home.
Let us look at the best bodyweight cardio exercises you can do, ranked in order of the best to the least useful. Note even the last activity is still an excellent choice to include in your workout session…
1. Burpees. The burpee or squat thrust is a full body exercise used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise. It can burn calories and work every muscle in the body.
2. Mountain Climbers. A significant activity that gets you down on your hands and feet. It is an excellent exercise that raises your heart rate quickly while also firing almost every muscle group in your body.
3. Jump Rope. A classic that never gets old. Be sure you have a padded surface to do this on to save your knees.
4. Squat Thrusts. If you want to build your legs and booty, this is the one to do!
5. Tuck Jumps. For the more advanced, tuck jumps will help add explosive power to your fitness while torching calories at the same time.
6. Jump Squats. The jump squat is a full-body exercise requiring no equipment. It is a great quad builder and will have you burning in seconds. However, jump squats must not be done by those who have knee pain.
7. Jump Lunges. If jump squats are not your thing, try jump lunges. Just as useful, this exercise is excellent for targeting your booty in a hurry.
8. Running. If you do not have a treadmill available, this is a fill in. Go as long as you can before needing to stop for a break.
9. Jumping Jacks. Another classic, this one is great for those who are just starting out.
10. Step Ups. Another necessary movement which is highly effective at improving your stability and strength in your legs.
Give these a try next time you want to get your heart rate up, work on your cardio fitness, and take your fat burning up a notch.
Source by Beverleigh H Piepers