There could be many different reasons why people become overweight and one of those reasons is a slow metabolism. Some people believe that their metabolism has always been slow and there is nothing they can do to speed it up. It is true that some people are born with a fast metabolic rate but everyone can boost their metabolism with simple lifestyle changes. You too can lose weight quickly, if you speed up your metabolism.
How can I lose weight quickly and permanently
- There are two ways how you can speed up your metabolism, so you would burn more calories and there for lose weight. One is your activity level and the other your eating plan. Our lifestyles are not very active so we need to replace the physical activity with strength training. The more muscle tissue you have the more calories you burn.
- People who are trying to get into better shape have a lot of motivation and desire but do not know what exercises to do and what eating plan to follow. Some people just cross their fingers and hope they will lose some weight but that never works. Understanding what you are doing and why you are doing it, is very important.
- The latest diets and exercise programs that you see in TV and magazines may give you temporary results but none of them are realistic when it comes to permanent weight loss. Everyone's goal should be to lose weight in the long-term and that takes a very different approach than the latest fad diet.
- If you want to speed up your metabolism then you also have to dedicate your time and effort to a exercise program that works. And you also have to know the correct exercise techniques and intensity levels, otherwise you will not stimulate your metabolism.
- A eating plan that boost metabolism is not restrictive like most diets are. Low calories means a slow metabolism. For example a diet that is under 2100 calories for men and 1800 is already called a "starvation diet." A lot of women drop their calories way below 1800 and that is also why they are unable to lose weight permanently.