Here are 6 weight lifting rules that you must abide by if your one of those that want to go from skinny to muscle bound. Whether it's that you want to add some muscle for your own health, or you would like to look better in front of the opposite sex in summer. Adding muscle has many benefits, so make sure you follow these rules when weights training and you will be singing Popeye the Sailor man before you know it.
- Rule 1: Avoid 1000 sets! Yes, get in and get out of the gym As a skinny person you need to concentrate on intensity and heavy weights rather than 20 sets of lower weights. Focus on getting plenty of rest as well. You aim should be no more than 10 – 12 sets or less, then focus on getting your rest.
- Rule 2: Forget about the small isolated muscle exercise! On a 5 day split program, focusing on compound exercises such as squats, bench presses, deadlifts, rows and military presses will really hit you big muscle groups and strengthen the smaller ones along the way, so that you will be seeing your new muscles popping out sooner as well as making the most of your time in the gym.
- Rule 3: Cut to Cardio! You will need the calories for muscle building. You are not fat, so make sure you eat well and focus on retaining the needed calories to recover and perform and even more intense session in the weights room next time. If you have to do no more than two to three low to moderate cardio sessions per week.
- Rule 4: Did I mention get rest! Whether its skinny to muscle, or flab to muscle you'll need your sleep. Maintain your social life but make sure you do not sacrifice your sleep as you will need it once again for body repair, muscle growth and to getting the most from you next session. Cut your sleep short, then expect to cut your results short!
- Rule 5: Maintain form! Technique is everything, concentrate on working the muscle rather than swing the weight around. Bonus is it will even prevent injury and you wont be cheating yourself of results. Find out about for an expert or trainer.
- Most important rule is Rule 6: Find a mentor ! A person who has done it all before, who went from skinny to muscle bound and now dominates the weights room. This will do wonders for your motivation. Even if its a photo of a person that you want to look like, focus on them and their habits and within months you wont recognize yourself.
Summed up, to get from skinny to muscle, get in the gym, train hard, eat well, rest well, then repeat. Within a few months you will no longer be looking at that skinny figure but rather be eating your spinach flexing those Popeye like muscles instead. There are the rules for getting from skinny to muscle bound.