So many slim guys want to go from skinny to muscle to get the body they really want after finally becoming sick of their 'skinny' persona but when it comes to what you need to do it can get really confusing. Some are full of enthusiasm and hit the gym quickly and just try to follow what the other guys are doing while others read loads of bodybuilding magazines (which are rubbish!) And end up following advice for people with genes completely different from yours.
If you are naturally skinny you are what is called an ectomorph mean you have a hard time gaining weight through fat OR muscle and you have got to approach things differently to other people when it comes to bodybuilding!
This list of exercises was compiled from a proven training regime made for skinny guys by a skinny guy and exercise all parts of your body for rapid muscle growth.
- Bench Press
- Flat DB Chest Press
- Seated DB Shoulder Press
- Standing Military Press
- Bent Over Barbell Rows
- Close Grip Chin Ups – Wide grip chin ups are not nearly as effective for your back
- Weighted Ball Sit-ups
- Weighted Cable Crunches – Do not use the static machines, cable machines are better for your musculature and avoid injury
- Deadlifts – This is a 'must do' exercises as it does way more than just the hips and exercises a range of muscles so make sure to include these every time.
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts
- Tricep Pressdowns
- Standing Barbell Curls
- Incline Bicep Curls
- Squats – This is one of the best exercises you can do much like the deadlifts. It exercises much more than just your quads and should be included often.
- Standing Calve Raises
- The Good Morning – This exercise is done by placing a barbell on your shoulders then bending forward with your knees slightly bent while keeping your back straight and looking straight ahead.
While there are many more exercises that can improve your muscle mass these are a selection of the BEST for skinny guys who really need a different workout, diet and recovery period than guys who have it easy packing on the pounds.